The 32nd Latvian Cyclists’ Unity Ride will be held in Sigulda on 3 and 4 September. The event will cover 6 distances – on 3 September two races for Children, and on 4 September the Sports, Popular, MTB and Retro events.
Children’s Unity Rides on 3 September (start at 16.00):
- Children’s Ride I: Cēsu Street – the dirt road along the grass lawn to the cable car–Poruka street–Cēsu Street;
- Children’s Ride II: Lāčplēša Street–Leona Paegles Street–dirt road along the meadow to the cable car–Poruka street–Cēsu Street.
The routes of the rides on 4 September:
- Sports event (start at 10.00, 133 km): Sigulda–Augšlīgatne–Nītaure–Zaube–Ķeipene–Suntaži–Mālpils–Allaži–Inčukalns–Sēnīte–Ragana–Turaida–Sigulda;
- MTB event (start at 12.00, 48 km): Sigulda–Nurmiži–Gauja–Ratnieki–“Kažociņi”–Gauja–“Gančauskas”–Ratnieki–“Cūkaiņi”–along Gauja to Sigulda;
- Retro event (start at 12.45, 29 km): Sigulda–Ratnieki–Sigulda;
- Popular event (start at 13.20, 46 km): Sigulda–Allažu Tautas nams–Inčukalns–Sēnīte–Ragana–Turaida–Sigulda.
Traffic restrictions along the race distance in Sigulda
The installation of the race centre and corridors on Gaujas, Cēsu, Poruka and Līvkalna Streets will be carried out the day before, on 3 September, from 9.00 to 15.00, which may cause traffic restrictions for cars and pedestrians.
Traffic closure on 4 September:
- Sigulda Hill and Turaida Hill (motorway P8 Sigulda-Turaida) from 11.40 to 17.00;
- Cēsu Street from 8.00 to 17.30;
- Lāčplēša Street in the section from Leona Paegles Street to Jāņa Poruka Street from 8.00 to 17.30;
- Jāņa Poruka Street from 10.45 to 11.10 and from 12.00 to 17.30;
- Leona Paegles Street from Lāčplēša Street to the Festival Square from 9.00 to 17.00, after 17.00 exit open from the parking lots by the Panorama Wheel and the cable car;
- Līvkalna Street from Krišjāņa Barona Street to Skolas Street from 12.00 to 14.30;
- Pils Street from Šveices Street to Baznīcas Street from 12.00 to 14.30;
During the Sports event (start at 10.00 at the intersection of Cēsu and Raiņa Street): Raiņa Street–Ausekļa Street–Dārza Street–Nītaures Street–Vidzemes highway (A2) from 10.00 to 10.15;
During the MTB event (start at 12.00 at Turaidas Street, by the serpentine road): Turaidas Street–Gaujas Street–Raiņa Street–Pils Street–Līvkalna Street–Televizijas Street–Nurmižu ceļš from 12.00 to 12.30;
Retro event (start at 12.45 at Turaidas Street, by the serpentine road): Turaidas Street–Gaujas Street–Raiņa Street–Pils Street–Līvkalna Street–Televizijas Street–Nurmižu ceļš from 12.45 to 13.30 and Nurmižu ceļš–Televīzijas Street–Līvkalnu Street–Cēsu Street from 14.15 to 16.30;
During the Popular event (start at 13.20 at the intersection of Cēsu and Raiņa Street): Raiņa Street–Ausekļa Street–Dārza Street–Nītaures Street–Vidzeme highway (A2)–Ezeri–Allažu highway from. 13.15 to 13.40.
Due to the formation of the Popular event in the start corridors on Līvkalna Street from 13.00 to 13.20 it will not be possible to access or leave the parking lot on Pils Street near the Sigulda New Castle. Traffic will be restored at the intersections immediately after all participants have crossed the intersections and the service cars have cleared the route.
Traffic restrictions on the event route outside Sigulda
Sports event (start at 10.00): Sigulda–Augšlīgatne–Nītaure–Zaube–Ķeipene–Suntaži–Mālpils–Allaži–Inčukalns–Ragana–Turaida–Sigulda. Minor traffic restrictions on the route from 10.00 to 13.30;
MTB event (start at 12.00): Sigulda–Nurmiži–Ratnieki–river Gauja along the bicycle path–Sigulda. Traffic restrictions on the route from 12.00 to 13.30;
Retro event (start at 12.45): Sigulda–Nurmiži–Ratnieki–Nurmiži–Sigulda. Traffic restrictions on the route from 12.45 to 16.30;
Popular event (start at 13.20 at the intersection of Cēsu and Raiņa Streets): Raiņa Street–Ausekļa Street–Dārza Street–Nītaures Street–Vidzeme highway (A2)–Gāles Street–Ezeri–Allažu highway–Inčukalns–Sēnīte–Valmiera highway–Murjāņi–Ragana–Turaida–Sigulda. Traffic restrictions on the route from 13.20 to 16.30.
Traffic will be restored following the flow of participants on the route. For traffic from Rīga to Cēsis and vice versa, please detour using the Garkalne-Mālpils highway, and for the Rīga-Valmiera route, please detour using the Saulkrasti highway.
- P1 lawn by Panorama Wheel and P2 cable car parking lot – access via Jāņa Poruka Street until 10.45 and from 11.10 to 12.00, access via Leona Paegles Street until 9.00, exit via Leona Paegles Street only after 17.00;
- P3 near the Nature Conservation Agency – access until 12.00, exit after 14.30;
- P4 parking lot and lawn at the intersection of Pils and Krišjāņa Barona streets (at the traffic circle) – access to the lawn from Krišjāņa Barona street;
- P5 at the Culture centre “Siguldas devons” (Pils Street 10) and Sigulda Municipality Service Centre (Raiņa Street 3);
- P6 lawn near Skolas Street – access from Skolas Street;
- P7 near Sigulda State Gymnasium (Krišjāņa Barona Street 10) – access from Atbrīvotāju Street;
- Additional parking, depending on weather conditions, lawn behind Krišjāņa Barona monument (access from Līvakalna Street), access until 12.00, exit after 14.30;
- P For technical staff, Festival Square lawn, parking area in front of Festival Square;
- P VIP Lāčplēša Street from Leona Paegles Street to Cēsu Street;
Roadside parking and stopping of cars are allowed in accordance with the Road Traffic Regulations. Participants are forbidden to park their vehicles in the courtyards of apartment buildings!
On 3 September it is forbidden to park vehicles on the following routes:
- Jāņa Poruka Street;
- Cēsu Street from Raiņa Street to Festival Square;
- Lāčplēša Street from Cēsu Street to Leona Paegles Street.
On 3 September traffic closure from 9.00:
- Jāņa Poruka Street in its entire length;
- Cēsu Street from Raiņa Street to Festival Square;
- Lāčplēša Street from Cēsu Street to Leona Paegles Street;
- The dirt road from Festival Square to the Aerial Cableway.
On 4 September parking will be not allowed on the following routes:
- On Raiņa Street in its entire length;
- On Leona Paegles Street from Lāčplēša Street to Festival Square;
- On Cēsu Street in its entire length;
- On Pils Street from Šveices Street to Cēsu Street;
- On Šveices Street in its entire length;
- Kalna and Noliktavas Streets;
- Līvkalna Street.
We kindly urge people not to leave their cars on the roadside, but to park them in their courtyards or other parking places outside the closed area and streets in advance.
Traffic advice for 4 September:
- Please use Šveices Street to enter Sigulda from Rīga, and Nurmiži Road from Cēsis;
- For traffic to Mālpils/Allaži and vice versa, please use Zinātnes Street in Peltes and the P8 motorway;
- For traffic to/from Inčukalns, please use the road along “Kļavas” or from Tumšupe/Ropaži via P10;
- For traffic from Rīga to Valmiera and vice versa, please use Saulkrasti highway and via Limbaži;
- For traffic to Sigulda from Valmiera and vice versa, please use the A2 highway;
- For traffic from Rīga to Murjāņi, Loja, Sēja, Bīriņi, Ragana and vice versa, please use the motorways from Saulkrasti (P6, P9, V39);
- For traffic from Rīga to Turaida and vice versa, please use the Saulkrasti highway, then via Bīriņi/Ragana/Inciems;
- For traffic to Egļupe, please use the gateway from the A2 highway in Silciems or from the V84 motorway at “Anšpēteri” past ” Rumpji” through Stīveri.
There may be changes in the routes and planned traffic restrictions, so please check www.sigulda.lv for up-to-date information.