The building seen in the picture once carried the name “Villa Agnese”.
In 1988, Zigurds Zuze wrote about this house: “Even today, after reconstructing it carelessly with a silicate brick, it has retained its greatness.” This building was built by architect N. Putniņš at the beginning of the 20th century. In the thirties, the house offers accommodation for young people.
From its owner V. Krēnbergs in 1935, it was bought by Sigulda’s long-time doctor Ādams Melngalvis, who arranged these premises not only for living but also for his doctor’s clinic. At A. Melngalvis “Villa Agnese” the painter, professor Vilhelms Purvītis had lived and worked for a longer time.