The historical and architectural object of regional importance. The building was built in 1905 and architecturally belongs to Sigulda summer house construction, only its forms are more neutral as for ornate.
The owner of the house Jānis Zuze was a post officer almost all his life. Later he was a councilor at Sigulda Town Council and librarian at the Writers’ castle.
The building was a meeting place for the creative intelligence of that time – poetry was read by Aleksandrs Čaks and Elīna Zālīte, the house was often visited by Rutku Tēvs, Felicita Ertnere, Malvīne Vīgnere – Grīnberga, creative discussions were led by Ludolfs Liberts and Niklāvs Strunke.
In this building, P.Blaus, J.Zuze, and K.Ertners now and then edited their newspaper “Siguldas Ziņas” (Sigulda’s News). During the German occupation, the best books of the Writer’s Castle Library were hidden in several boxes in the basement of this building.