Address:
  • Mores pagasts

The commemorative sign was placed in “Peļņi” in More Parish where the riflemen of the 5th Zemgale Regiment commanded by the Colonel Vācietis on 18 September 1917, stopped the attack of the Imperial Germany 8th Armed Forces in the direction to Nītaure and the 2nd Latvian Riflemen Brigade started a counter-attack, pressing back the German forces up to Mālpils, therefore the First World
War basically ended for the Latvian riflemen.

The commemorative sign is a cut granite stone found in the Bauska region with an A-line black plate with text carved onto the plate.

Tags:
Memorial sites