Nurmižu (Nurmis) manor house is situated in Sigulda county Sigulda parish Nurmiži between Sigulda and Līgatne. At the beginning of the 1920s, an agricultural school was established in the manor house.
In 1944 as a result of the war, the manor house was destroyed and after the war, it gradually was dismantled. Nowadays the manor house in its splendor can only be viewed as a model in Vienkoči (Logboat) park in Līgatne. In 1755 Nurmiži manor house fell in hands of Georgs fon Duntens.
The manor house of Nurmiži manor was built in 1795, replacing an aging wooden cottage that no longer met the requirements of the nobles. Nurmiži manor belonged to Duntens family. Duntens owned also the manors of Sēja, Grāve, and Dūja, as well as properties in Estonia. It was one of the most modern 18th century buildings in Vidzeme. The central building, which is connected to the small two-story pavilions through low semi-circular blocks derives from the samples of Roman villas. At first, only the central part of the manor house was suitable for living, but the lack of living space forced the side blocks to be adjusted for residing.
To this day, the description of the Bīrini home teacher, Vilhelms Krauze, has been preserved, with a delightful description of the new master’s house. Other travelers also mentioned Nurmiži manor and its beautiful park in their descriptions. Johans Kristofs Broce in 1796 depicted Nurmiži manor in his drawing. During those times the plants around the manor were still small. The new stables of Nurmiži manor are one of the oldest buildings of the Latvian Empire style. Also, the conservatory was built (a beautiful Classicism style building), and natural travertine was used in its building. Georgs Veinfolds fon Duntens died in 1845. The manor was inherited by his nephew Vilhelms Duntens. Reinhards fon Dālvigs, who received the permission of the Russian Senate in 1901 to add to his surname and title the surname “fon Duntens”, became the last owner of the manor.
Nowadays, only the left block, which is on the verge of collapse, is leftover from the manor house. To this day, a conservatory has been preserved, as well as the stables.