In 1938, the monument of Kronvaldu Atis, made by Teodors Zalkalns, was unveiled at the front of the New Castle. Kronvaldu Atis was a teacher and a publicist and helped initiate the second wave of the New Latvian movement.
Between 1841 and 1871, Šveices/Swiss house was the site of the Latvian Teachers conferences. At the conference of 1869, Kronvaldu Atis, for the first time in history, read a paper affirming the rights of the Latvian language. At this time in the 19th century, the educational system created by the elite class expressed disheartening preferences towards the German language. This monument was originally installed in front of the White Castle which was then Sigulda High school.